Eat your way through Berlin this summer. This article is done in collaboration with Wolt.
GET 6€ OFF YOUR FIRST ORDER WITH WOLT: USE CODE 'PLAYFULWOLT' WHEN CHECKING OUT.
Berlin is filled with food culture, inspiration and taste sensations that are often a lot more casual than what you’ll find in other big cities. Although they do it so very well, and we want to welcome them back, and thank them for all the love they bring to us through their kitchen’s. We’ve therefor listed some of our favorite alternatives so that you can rest and enjoy your day to the fullest.
Breakfast & Brunch
Eating breakfast and brunch out in Berlin takes some patience. Get pancakes and Champagne delivered to your door and enjoy it on the balcony instead.
Here's our favourite picks:
– ’Royal Canadian Pancakes’ with bananas, bacon, butter and maple syrup & a bottle of Crémant from 'Breakfast Club by Quchnia’
– ’Avocado Bagel’ with avocado, scrambled eggs, guacamole and tomato salad & Frozen ’Strawberry Twister’ Frappe from 'What a treat Kreuzberg/Friedrichshain’
– ’Shakshuka’ - poached organic eggs in spicy tomato sauce with peppers, fresh herbs, bread and feta cheese from ’Stilbruch Kaffee’
Berlin offers original kitchens from all around the world, and manages to keep it simple and casual, yet outstandingly delicious. Bring your lunch outside, alone or with a friend, and don’t forget a blanket.
GET 6€ OFF YOUR FIRST ORDER WITH PROMO CODE 'PLAYFULWOLT'
Our favorite picks:
– Chinese ’Pai Huanggua’ - Cucumber salad – though this is not roughly describing it, ’Yuxiang Qiezi’ - vegan eggplant in a homemade sweet chili bean sauce & Brooklyn Lager from ’Kingsjoy’
– Japanese ’Seitan Ramen’ with vegetarian broth, bamboo, shiitake mushrooms and morels &
’Honest Organic Tea’ with Peach Rosemary from ’Hachiko’
– Indian ’Palak Paneer’ Indian cream cheese with spinach, spices and basmati rice, ’Sesame Naan’ - wheat flour bread with sesame seeds & Mango-Lassi from ’Singh Indian Street Food’
Never have we been looking more forward to trying new restaurants, letting ourselves be spoiled and free. I don’t want to spend time grocery shopping or do the dishes on warm summer nights - but instead open up all windows and put on some Leonard Cohen, or Ellen Allien - everything goes together with this:
– Vietnamese ’Creamy Tofu’ - organic tofu in golden coconut curry cream with sweet potatoes, Hokkaido pumpkin, ginger, lemongrass and jasmine rice from ’Nymami’
– ’Pasta Frutti di Mare’ together with, yes red wine works - ’Ancilla Montepulciano d'Abruzzo 0,75l’ from ’wn9 oysterbar’
– Pizza ’Buffalo Mozzarella’ with ’Pittnauer Pitt Nat 0,75l’ or ’Orangina 0,25l’ from ’Estelle Dining’
These places have both wine and tapas that will make all your friends want to stay forever on your balcony, or in your couch. At least if you live in Berlin, where wine can be delivered to your doorstep. Yes we’re lucky here. Sorry for everyone who’s reading this from Sweden or Norway - but hey, you can still get tapas to your doorstep.
– ’Entremeses’ - mixed plate with Manchego cheese, salami, air-dried Spanish ham and Iberian chorizo, ’Pulpo a la Gallega’ - octopus on a bed of potatoes with fine olive oil and hot paprika, ’Pimientos de Padron’ - fried mini peppers from ’Atame’
– ’Hummus’, ’Sabich Plate’, ’Roasted Cauliflower Plate’, ’Pickled Olives’ and ’Labneh Cheese’ & ’Le Rosé Gaul 0,75l’ from ’Kitten Deli’
– ’Vegan Cauliflower Wings’ - cauliflower fried in its own gray beer batter and panko with spring onions and two dips of your choice from ’Eigengrau’
No explanation needed, just treat yourself.
– ’The Japanese Pancake Overload’ - sweet, vegetarian, homemade Japanese pancakes with white chocolate, cranberries, thyme and pistachio crunch, served with “Eigengrau” rum cream, lemon jelly, strawberry coulis, salted caramel and banana from ’Eigengrau’
– ’Apple Strudel’ from the Alp kitchen ’Wildes Fraeulein’
– ’Oolong Peachy Milk Tea’ from ’90°C Bubble Tea & Cafe’